If you have a question about The Colony, please refer to some of our frequently asked questions below. If you do not see your question/answer, please feel free to contact me today!
Our residents just love our two canoe/kayak parks. There is no additional fee to sign out one of these vessels. Encouraging enjoyment of our beautiful creeks, bays and estuaries, we have both group and individual tours venturing out to explore and experience Florida nature, to fish or just get some sun and exercise.
Sailing is also offered at Pelican Landing/Colony. Our Sailing Club gives lessons and hold bi-monthly sailing races. The sunfish sailboats are offered at no additional charge.
For a full list of amenities at The Colony, please click here.
UPDATED FOR 2015
Annual Colony fees = $3800* + Homeowners/Condo fees
*Every Colony residence pays $3800 annually for this mandatory amenity package.
Here is the breakdown:
- $1634 for Pelican Landing; canoe/kayak/sailing park, 34-acre private beach park and shuttle service, the 12-court tennis club and 2 tennis pros, the activity and fitness center called the Pelican Landing Community Association. Roving Security.
- $765 for The Colony; gate access and roving security, management of the community at large
- $1,278 (projected) for the Bay Club; the private waterfront dining facility.
We access our private 34 acre beach park on the half hour; you can obtain passes from rom email@example.com.
Websites that may be helpful to expand the total amenity offering:
- Pelican Landing: www.pelicanlanding.org
- The Bay Club: thecolonyfoundation.com
- The Colony Golf Course: thecolonygolfcc.com contact: Donna Marcotte 239-390-3720
- Pelican’s Nest Golf Club: http://www.nestgolf.com
- A.J. Schzmanski 239-947-5670
- Colony Concierge Services: Tammi Reyes 239-390-4709
For a full list of amenities at The Colony, click here.
People who move to The Colony are consistently pursuing a lifestyle that includes activities. Often social in nature, Colony Golf memberships offer a great golfing experience on the 18-hole Jerry Pate designed course for Men’s tournaments, the couples events as well as casual play. Presently two equity memberships are offered to residents; “Sports” is a 90% equity membership offering unlimited golf in the off season and six play in season. Membership includes full use of dining room, fitness, Additional tennis played at The Colony’s six har-tru tennis courts, (these in addition to the 12 courts offer at Pelican Landing). A Full Colony Golf is a $75,000/90% equity Membership provides unlimited golf, Men’s and Women’s tournaments, couples and casual play. Approx. $13,000 in annual dues.
WCI is the developer of the community and is now building two new low and mid rise offerings, Cielo and Terzetto, and is about to present the next 21-story high rise. They plan to present the offering in early 2015.
Today, The Colony has approximately 1,000 homes (1,227 at build-out) with high rise representing majority (60%) home style. All overlooking the Estero Bay and the Gulf of Mexico, there are six high rises in The Colony, Sorrento built in 2001, Palermo in 2002, La Scala in 2003, Treviso in 2004, Navona in 2005 and Florencia in 2007.
Soon to be four villa home neighborhoods and two custom single-family home neighborhoods. There are 2 mid-rise Colony offerings, Castella and the new Cielo. There are 2 low rise neighborhoods as well, Merano and the new Terzetto.
To search available listings and floor plans in The Colony, please click here.
Aside from breath-taking views, on-site amenities and security are the treasured features in all Colony high rises. Floor plans range in size from 1670 square feet of living space to 4280 sq. ft. of living space. There are a few penthouse floor plans offering larger spaces; these are in the La Scala and Palermo towers. All these floor plans can be found on my website.
Each of the high rises has an additional level of security offered with video surveillance at all entry points. All high rises entry points remain locked and strictly accessible to residents and their guests. Most of The Colony high rises add additional layer of security with front door privacy officers on duty anywhere from 10-24 hours a day.
Each Colony high rise has two spacious guest suites which include kitchenettes for total guest comfort and enjoyment. The pool areas have outdoor kitchens, grills and spas. Lobby levels often include media rooms with video sharing libraries and advanced technologies, including web-based viewing selections also available.
Each of the six high rises are managed by their respective resident associations. Each has it’s own pet policy.
For information general info including condominium documents, budgets, rules and regulations, please contact the individual building management or visit websites where applicable.
High-Rises in The Colony
1) Florencia: 116 residences, 1 floors, 6 units wide
(23850 Via Italia Cir) Contemporary design, ascending 21 stories, Florencia floor plans range from approximately 2,100 to 2700 square feet presenting views of the gulf waters, the Estero Bay, the fairways of the championship golf course or the serene natural beauty of the surrounding preserves. The amenity level includes a fitness room, social/billiards room with two flat screen TV’s and wireless internet access, movie theater with video library, business center which includes two MAC computers, fax and telephone. Pool, spa, pavilion and cabanas which also include wireless internet access. 2 pets allowed.
Resident manager, Lynn Haars office manager 239-949-3114 firstname.lastname@example.org. Website contains much of the information found at: Florenciaatthecolony.com
2) La Scala: 64 residences 21 floors, 4 across(5051 Pelican Colony Blvd.)- La Scala at The Colony is surrounded by sweeping, unobstructed views of the Gulf of Mexico and Estero Bay, and is flanked by pristine aquatic preserves. Walking distance of The Bay Club which overlooks the tranquil waters of Estero Bay.
La Scala provides 24/7 concierge service, a resident management team, security monitoring, as well as many other amenities to augment the elegant, carefree and pleasurable La Scala lifestyle our residents so appreciate. Resident managers, Joseph & Isabella Loiacono 239-949-7339
3) Palermo: 72 residences, 4 across (4875 Pelican Colony Blvd.) Palermo at The Colony is an exquisite 21 story tower residence located near the shores of Estero Bay and within walking distance of The Colony’s Bay Club. The luxury tower residences at Palermo at The Colony offer panoramic views of the Gulf of Mexico, Estero Bay, Raptor Bay and The Colony golf courses and mangrove estuaries. 1 dog height restricted239-949-9892, email@example.com ; manager Don Hulgus
4) Navona: 100 residences, 22 stories, 5 across(23540 Via Veneto Blvd)– Modern transitional décor, Navona’s residences include private elevators, fitness facility, 2 guest suites, theatre room and 2 lovely social rooms flanking the resort-style pool. Private elevators, granite countertops and 9.4”ceilings, West views overlook the 7th hole of the The Colony golf course as well as views of Estero Bay and Gulf of Mexico. One dog height restricted, Lyn Ballard-manager, 239-495-0320, firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) Sorrento: 72 residences, fifteen of which are penthouse units.(23650 Via Veneto Blvd.)- Manager; resident manager Dave Lisbon 239-949-8508
Sorrento at The Colony is a twenty-one story condominium in The Colony, a gated community within Pelican Landing, located approximately three miles west of Interstate 75 in Estero, Florida. The building provides panoramic views of Estero Bay and the Gulf of Mexico from Bonita Beach to Fort Myers Beach, The Colony golf course, lakes, and preserves surrounding Estero Bay. One dog height restricted. Website contains much of the information requested www.sorrentoatthecolony.org.
6) Treviso: 72 residences(23750 Via Trevi Way)- Traditional décor with contemporary accents in the grand salon. Each residence boasts 9’8” high ceilings, gourmet kitchens, study, spacious thru-view floor plans, abundant terraces and balconies overlooking The Colony golf course as well as sweeping views of Estero Bay and the Gulf of Mexico
CASTLE MANAGEMENT 239-947-2507 2 pets allowed
There are 4 mid-rise and coach home communities in The Colony.
Mid-Rise & Coach Homes
1) Castella: 72 units total, 3 buildings, each
6 stories over parking, 4 units wide
Castle Management http://www.castellacolony.com
Dario Escoto email@example.com
2) Cielo: 96 units, 4 over parking, 2 per floor
Dario Escoto firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Terzetto: 72 units total, 3 stories
4) Merano: 2,060 to 2,748 square feet of living space, 2-car garages
The Colony currently has offers 3 different single-family neighborhoods.
1) Tuscany Isle: approximately 40 custom single family homes, 4200 sq. ft. and larger on lots approximately the size of one acre.
2) Bellagio: 33 custom single family homes, 3500+ sq. ft. and larger on approx. 1/3 acre.
3) Messina: 6 large custom homes overlooking the golf course.
Each of these communities has an association. No application process necessary. Dues include landscaping and in a couple of the villa communities, pool maintenance.
1) Las Palmas: 4 Mediterranean style villas , 4 floor plans
2) Addison Place: 28 Mizner-style villa; 4 floor plans
3) Villa Trevi: 5 villas; 2 floor plans all 2-story courtyard style
4) Ponza: 13 preconstruction, 4 floor plans
Just 1.5 miles from area dining and shopping, The Colony provides all residents with a private, waterfront dining facility, The Bay Club. Every morning complimentary coffee, pastry and fruit is served to residents and their guests. Many residents walk, ride their bike or just drive over and enjoy meeting up with other residents for coffee or read the newspapers provided.
The Bay Club offers live music on Friday and Saturday nights in the lounge where a casual menu is provided for both lunch and dinner. Ala carte dining is available on the second floor of The Bay Club along with brunch on Sunday.
A short 15 minute drive to the local international airport, Regional Southwest Airport, 20 minutes to Naples North Collier Hospital, 30 minutes to Physician’s Regional Hospital in Naples and 25 minutes to Fort Myer’s Gulf Coast Hospital, Colony residents take comfort in knowing emergency care is offered on the southeast corner of Coconut Road and US41, less than 2 miles from their Colony home.