Beach Essentials: What to Bring for the Perfect Beach Day
One of the things that Bonita Springs is best known for is its beautiful beaches. Though Southwest Florida surely has some stiff competition when it comes to beaches, Bonita Beach is one of the best spots to enjoy a picture-perfect beach day. As summer approaches, it’s important that you bring all of the essentials for a relaxing day on the sand.
What to Bring for a Perfect Beach Day
It’s that time of the year! Though it may be getting hotter, it’s also approaching the time where locals can best enjoy a comfy spot on Bonita Beach. If you’re ready for a day at the beach, don’t forget to bring the essentials:
- Sunscreen – To avoid sun damage, make sure that you apply sunscreen before you head to the beach, and reapply throughout the day.
- Lip Protector – Many people forget to protect their lips from sun exposure. Bring a lip protectant with an SPF to avoid damage from the UV rays.
- Summer Gear – With the heat at its peak, you’ll need to bring appropriate summer gear to keep you cool and protected from the sun. Wearing a light colored t-shirt or swimsuit cover-up, sunglasses, and a hat with a brim help protect your skin, while also keeping you cool.
- Funds for Parking – Don’t forget to bring money for parking! At Bonita Beach, parking fees are $2/hour, and are strictly enforced at the designated parking locations. If you’re a resident, you can purchase a parking sticker for Lee County parks online at leeparks.org.
- Water – In order to get the most out of your beach visit, it’s important to hydrate throughout the day, especially in the summer heat. Bring bottles of water or a plastic container for your drink as glass is not allowed on Bonita Beach.
- Your Friends and Family – What better way to make your beach day the best than spending it with the people you love!
Now that you’ve got your essentials, you’re ready to head to the beach! With the weather getting a bit hotter, you’ll want to make sure that you visit during the cooler hours of the day. The best time to go to the beach in the summer is the morning hours. That way, you can avoid being exposed to UV rays when the sun is at its peak. This is also the best time to avoid the Florida summer showers.
Enjoy the Beach without All of the Crowds
Does the idea of access to a private beach appeal to you? This is just one of the many amenities that residents of The Colony Golf and Bay Club can enjoy. At The Colony’s private beach park, you’ll need not worry about funds for parking or any of the other hassles that come from visiting a public beach. The Pelican Landing Beach Park is available exclusively to residents of The Colony and their guests.
If you’re interested in finding out more about one of Southwest Florida’s most thriving lifestyle communities, contact Jill Kushner today. Jill is an experienced real estate agent who loves helping new homebuyers find the perfect home at The Colony in Bonita Springs.
What are your favorite beach supplies? Share them in the comments below!